Taskforce for Hybrid and Online Education
UC Riverside is developing a plan to enhance campus capacity in online learning. In February 2018, Provost Larive created the Taskforce for Hybrid and Online Education to address the following questions:
- What are the main motivations for pursuing more hybrid/online instruction and what are the associated benefits that UCR stands to gain?
- Which courses or types of courses should be prioritized?
- What should be our goals for the next 3-5 years?
- What should be our strategy to achieve those goals? What, if any, additional staffing and technology needs are anticipated? What kinds of space and financial resources are anticipated?
- Other issues the taskforce deems important for establishing a coherent hybrid/online strategy for our campus.
ILTI Request for Proposals
The request for proposals (RFP) for the Innovative Learning Technology Initiative (ILTI), a UCOP project are linked below. ILTI proposals can request up to $90,000 to support:
The UC CORO 2018 Southern California Cohort produced a report entitled "Online Education in UC." Click the link to learn more about their recommendations.
ONLINE LEARNING EFFICACY DATABASE
FACULTY BUY-IN BUILDS, BIT BY BIT: SURVEY OF FACULTY ATTITUDES ON TECHNOLOGY (INSIDE HIGHER ED)
WHY I TEACH ONLINE (CHRONICLE OF HIGHER EDUCATION)
STUDY: ONLINE CLASSES REALLY DO WORK (MIT)
MAKING SENSE OF THE NOISE: DATA ANALYTICS TO INFORM LEARNING (INSIDE HIGHER ED, ASU WEBINAR)
EVALUATION OF EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICES IN ONLINE LEARNING (U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION)
CURRENT STATUS OF RESEARCH ON ONLINE LEARNING IN POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION (ITHAKA S+R)
EFFICACY, EQUITY AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT CYCLES IN DIGITAL TEACHING AND LEARNING (DR. TOM FIKES, TALK AT UCR)
A NEW HIGH-TECH LEARNING CENTER CHANGED HOW THESE PROFESSORS TEACH (SLIDES)
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA CENTER FOR DISTRIBUTED LEARNING (PRESENTATION)