Taskforce for Hybrid and Online Education
UC Riverside is currently developing a plan to enhance campus capacity in online learning. In February 2018, Provost Larive created the Taskforce for Hybrid and Online Education to address the following questions:
- What are the main motivations for pursuing more hybrid/online instruction and what are the associated benefits that UCR stands to gain?
- Which courses or types of courses should be prioritized?
- What should be our goals for the next 3-5 years?
- What should be our strategy to achieve those goals? In particular, how should we organize ourselves? What, if any, additional staffing and technology needs are anticipated? What kinds of space and financial resources are anticipated?
- Other issues the taskforce deems important for establishing a coherent hybrid/online strategy for our campus.
ILTI Request for Proposals
The request for proposals (RFP) for the Innovative Learning Technology Initiative (ILTI), a UCOP project are linked below. ILTI proposals can request up to $90,000 to support:
The UC CORO 2018 Southern California Cohort produced a report entitled "Online Education in UC." Click the link to learn more about their recommendations.
Online Learning Efficacy Database
Faculty Buy-in Builds, Bit by Bit: Survey of Faculty attitudes on Technology (Inside Higher Ed)
Why I Teach Online (Chronicle of Higher Education)
Study: Online classes really do work (MIT)
Making Sense of the Noise: Data Analytics to Inform Learning (Inside Higher Ed, ASU webinar)
Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning (U.S. Department of Education)
Current Status of Research on Online Learning in Postsecondary Education (Ithaka S+R)
Efficacy, Equity and Continuous Improvement Cycles in Digital Teaching and Learning (Dr. Tom Fikes, Talk at UCR)
A New High-Tech Learning Center Changed How These Professors Teach (slides)
University of Central Florida Center for Distributed Learning (presentation)